Coventry Cat Group is a local feline welfare charity, registered in England (no. 1065043). We are a charity staffed entirely by volunteers, with no government funding, and we rely on the generosity of our supporters to help us manage the problem of feral and abandoned cats in the Coventry area. We are committed to protecting our supporters’ personal data.
This policy sets out how Coventry Cat Group uses the personal data we collect from you to help our work in protecting the welfare of stray and feral cats.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use and store your data?
- How long will we keep your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities.
What data do we collect?
The information we collect depends on your reason for visiting our website or facebook page, but may include:
- your name, postal address, telephone number and email address (including details you provide from any social media account/profile such as Facebook or Twitter)
- credit/debit card information or bank account details if setting up a Direct Debit mandate or making a purchase
- records of any correspondence
- information you enter into our website.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We may obtain personal information from you in a variety of ways, including when you:
- enquire about adopting, rehoming or fostering
- ask for advice on caring for feral or stray cats
- apply to become a member or volunteer
- make a donation
- post comments via social media
- purchase our goods online
How will we use and store your data?
We will only use your data in a manner that is appropriate to the basis on which the data were collected, as set out in the section above. For example, we may use your personal information to:
- respond to your enquiries
- handle donations or other transactions you initiate
- where you have specifically agreed to this, send you marketing communications by email relating to our work which we think may be of interest to you.
All information we collect is processed in accordance with our legal requirements and applicable data protection legislation. We take the security of your information very seriously. We securely store your data on a protected shared drive only available to authenticated users on CCG’s management team.
We will never share your personal data with other organisations, unless you have provided your explicit consent for us to pass your data to a named third party.
How long will we keep your data?
We take the principles of data minimisation and removal seriously and have internal policies in place to ensure we only ever ask for the minimum amount of data for the associated purpose. We will delete your data promptly once it is no longer required.
In the case of lapsed membership, personal data will be deleted after three years unless otherwise notified.
What are your data protection rights?
Every user is entitled to the following:
- the right to request CCG for copies of the personal information we hold about you
- the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate
- the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
If you wish to pursue any of these rights, or have any other concerns regarding your data that CCG may hold, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Wychwood, Northbrook Road, CV6 2AJ.
How to contact us
If you have a complaint about Coventry Cat Group or about any of our policies or procedures, please visit the Contact Us page: https://coventrycatgroup.org.uk/contact/.
How to contact the appropriate authorities
Should you be dissatisfied with our response to your complaint you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website https://ico.org.uk/ or telephone 0303 123 1113.
If you prefer you can also write to them at Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.